Shihezi University School of Medicine is the predecessor of the PLA first corps health school. On August 1, 1949, the PLA First Field Army liberated Tianshui. The then first corps commander Wang Zhen,
Shihezi University School of Medicine is the predecessor of the PLA first corps health school. On August 1, 1949, the PLA First Field Army liberated Tianshui. The then first corps commander Wang Zhen, also the Minister of Health had initiated the “Pan Shi Zheng schools”, which also included running hospitals side by side. At the time of Tianshui liberation, Minister Ban, along with his Deputy Minister of Health, Wang who was also second by north established the first corps of the Preparatory Committee on Health Schools. This formation helped the people at the workplace to carry out the enrollment form. In the same year, on August 26 the liberation of Lanzhou occurred, within the next two days medical teachers and students were enrolled in medical school in Lanzhou. On September 25, medical school students and teachers conducted an opening ceremony, which was held in Lanzhou City Girls High School Auditorium. This was the day when the School of Health announced the first Corps was formally established. On the day of October 16, 1949, the entire school was ordered to enter Xinjiang. Then the Hami march arrives to Turpan, the Corps indicated two routes into Xinjiang, which was led by the king of the South and by the North.
The South Xinjiang Medical Training team was established which consisted of four sub-teams, who walked for 43 days from Turpan to Kashgar. Accompanying by the political commissioner of the North which was led by a three brigade of Soviet military aircraft, switched to Hamiltan of Duddy (Urumqi). This Third Brigade consisted of 360 students with 24 teaching workers and service personals along with health training groups from different regions joined the original logistics headquarters in Xinjiang and established Xinjiang Military Health School. Later in the year, October 1954, it was changed to Production and Construction Corps Health School and again to Corps Medical College in December 1959. Back in February 1966, it was renamed the Medical Corps. In accordance with the instructions given by the Ministry of Education of China, on October 26, 1978, it was officially named Shihezi Medical College. In 1996, the Shihezi Medical College, College of Agriculture, College of Higher School of Economics Corps, Corps of Teachers College together merged to form Shihezi University, wherein Shihezi University, School of Medicine was renamed.